Tuesday, December 23, 2014

What are Holidays like in a sorority?


I use every chance I get to spoil my sisters. The hardest part about is knowing that you can't spoil everyone equally because it would be very hard on the bank. Rather than buying for 50 sisters, I personally, stick to my immediate family (my little ones) when it comes to Christmas. The way I look at the holiday season now that I am in a sorority is why do I need a boyfriend or children, when I have littles (who are my children). The best part about Shanna & Karlee is that they are both so insanely different, so as you can imagine, that makes shopping for them so much easier.

First, you have Shanna, who is as girly as they come, but who can still hold her own. She loves adventures and camping, but will never be seen without her nails painted. She gets called a Barbie, but mess with her, and I would recommend you start running as fast as possible. She's the absolute best at giving advice, whether it be about boys, school, life, anything, you need something and she's the first one you run to. She is the best driving buddy because she can be having a serious convo and then be screaming a song in the next second. As you can imagine, shopping for her can be difficult but so fun. I know for a fact that if I were to get her Shanna a Nerf gun or a snapback, she would give me that look of, "excuse me".  So for her, we'll stick to the more girly stores.


Next you have Karlee. Oh my smalls. This girl is probably one of the most competitive people I have ever met, and that is saying a whole lot coming from a girl who punched someone over a high school powderpuff football game. Whoops. She is the best at making you forget you are sad. Don't ask her for advice on boys because, well, she will most likely say "ew. boys are dumb" and call it a day. She is the one that will take you on a drive and make you laugh at the smallest things, like casually repositioning for sale signs in front yards. She knows how to have a good time & most often does not take things very seriously. She has one of the biggest hearts I have ever seen. She is the first one to be there when you need something even when it is just a Starbucks to get you through finals week. Shopping for her is, well, quite easy because she is not picky. I would never dare getting her a piece of jewelry or a purse because she would look at me and say, "uhh.. This is a joke, right, right?".



I LOVE THAT. I love that I don't have to worry about getting them the same thing, or spoiling one more than the other because they have such unique personalities & I spoil them in different ways. But it's not all about the presents. It's about having the best friends that you couldn't even dream of. It is about the bond that we share and knowing that I have two of the most amazing women to call my little sisters. It's about driving around Southern Utah looking at Christmas lights and listening to Christmas music. It is about taking holiday pictures, watching movies and just spending quality time with each other. They are my family & God truly blessed me with both of them & to me, that's what Christmas is about. It is being thankful to Christ for the many blessings he has given us and for dying on the cross for our sins. Because without Christ there would be no CHRISTmas.

So, yes, being in a sorority and having littles, makes the holidays that much more special. I couldn't imagine life without these two & I will never imagine my life without them. The are my light and I am blessed.


Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!  

No comments:

Post a Comment