Friday, December 5, 2014

Do college friendships last after graduation?



One of the most famous sayings associated with sorority life is, "It's not four years, its for life".  To be honest, I didn't know how true this was until I had an experience first hand.  At the beginning of this year, an alumni of the Theta Sigma chapter, Jaclyn Kraft, got married.  Just about our entire chapter as well as some alumni were there at her reception to congratulate her on her big day. Not only did we show up to congratulate her, but we also did a tribute to her that brought her to tears.  As we arrived, we all hid in a secret room and when it was time, we all filed down in a line with roses in hand. We then gathered around the bride and sang an Alpha Phi rendition of "I'll Stand By You" and each individually took her a rose.  It brought the bride to tears to see all of her sorority sisters there for her on her special day.  After, we took pictures, danced the night away, and had the time of our lives.  

Alpha Phi is not just a support system for the four years you are in college, but it is friendships and a bond that will last far longer than your time at a university.  I know that when I get married, whether it is 5, 10, or 20 years from now, my sisters will be there to support me on my special day.  It is much more than a group to celebrate with on holidays, birthdays, weddings, but it's a sisterly bond that will last for the rest of your life.  This is Alpha Phi & this is what I live for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment