Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Sisterly Bond that Could Never be Broken.


We're not perfect here, but we are a family.



From the outside looking in, we are a bunch of girls who love each other, its obvious.  We are obsessed with our sorority and have all of the t-shirts, spirit jerseys and quarter zips to prove it.  We go out & we have fun, we are the life of the party and can provide you with any type of sorority chant you could ever want in a drop of a hat.  We can be picture ready and in a sorority squat position in a matter of seconds, try us.  All of this, very obvious to those looking in.  But there is so much more to this fraternity than just that.  This is an organization filled with women who have been through trials most couldn't imagine, the women going through hell but would rather help someone in need than focus on themselves, women of class and integrity, and women who are unbelievable empowering.  These girls are my inspiration.  I can honestly say that if it wasn't for this organization, I would no longer be in Cedar City attending SUU.  The transition from high school to college is never meant to be easy, but for me, it has been exceptionally more difficult than I could have imagined.  It's been a roller coaster of emotions, but with these women standing behind me every step of the way, it has made life a little easier.  I am so incredibly blessed to have come to know Alpha Phi in the ways that I have.  Through Alpha Phi, I have learned more about myself and my strengths than I ever thought possible.  Through my lowest points of depression, anxiety, and heartbreak to my highest points of achievements and happiness, they have stuck by my side through it all.  I cannot tell you how many times I have laughed until I cried, nearly peed my pants laughing, and had those late night heart to hearts with some of the most incredible human beings.  To me, true friendship is not just having someone to laugh and cry with, but it is having someone that can see past your smile and know that you are hurting & that is what I have found in this fraternity.  They know me better than I know myself.  They know the right words to say, the right songs to play, & the right kind of ice cream to buy when it's been one of those days.  When it feels like you have hit rock bottom, they are the first ones there to pick you back up.  When you want to stay in your room and cry, they are the ones making you put on real clothes and dragging you out of the door.  I will forever treasure those car drives screaming lyrics at the top of my lungs with my sisters, those Wednesday nights spent in Willowbrook apartment 56, those spontaneous but yet so successful trips to St. George, the long summer nights that turned into early mornings & the crazy unforgettable adventures in the "adventure car". 

It is something that I can't explain enough for you to completely understand.  It's a feeling that is indescribable and it is a sisterhood that I have never experienced before.  They believe in me when I have a hard time believing in myself.  They are the first to tell me when I am making a bad decision, and the ones I can count on to give me correction when I am in need of it.  We fight and get on each others nerves from time to time, but at the end of the day we are sisters & sisters are forever. It is a bond that will never be broken and for that I am eternally grateful<3 

Forever love & AOE<3 


No comments:

Post a Comment