Monday, October 13, 2014

Big and Little Sister Reveals in a Sorority



This Thursday was an eventful day for the Theta Sigma Chapter of Alpha Phi.

First was big sister reveal & let me just say, that was all sorts of emotional. Bigs got tackled, girls cried (happy tears of course), there was way to much screaming, a little bit of hatred for the last 2 weeks of deception & of course there was laughter. Alpha Phi families grew larger and I am happy to announce that not only my immediate family but also my Alpha Phi family has grown tremendously. I not only received another little sister, but I also received a grand little. 

For this reveal, the 18 new members were given a "key" made out of poster paper from their big. Each key was individually made, making not one key the same as another. They were then lined up outside of a room and one by one they would walk into to see who their big was. Inside the room, the big sisters carried a heart made out of the same poster paper and inside of the heart was a replica of the key that they had made for their littles. The poster hearts were held above their faces so that they littles didn't know who they were until they found the matching key. 

What my little didn't know was that I was hiding in a completely different room so that when she went to find her matching key, she would be unsuccessful. After about 30 seconds of stressing that she couldn't find her big, I snuck into the back of the room and revealed to her that I was her big. Below is a video of her reaction: 




After the reveal, we celebrated our 142nd annual Founders' Day with cake & a special ceremony. Founders' Day is a special time for Alpha Phi's all across the nation to celebrate our rich heritage and to honor our special members. Chapters will hold luncheons, special gatherings, and scared ceremonies to remember those members before us, including our 10 Founders. Founder's Day falls every year on October 10th. Big sister reveal this year fell on October 9th, so what better way to celebrate this organization than combing the two events. 

After the reveal and after the Founders' Day activities, we went to dinner at Centro Pizza as a family. In our family, there are now 9 active members. Before the reveal, there was four active members. It was such a fun time and we even got a free desert pizza. We couldn't decide if it was because if our waiter thought we were that cute or if it was because I said my birthday was tomorrow when he asked us when our birthdays were. (My birthday is in March) Regardless, we got a free Nutella pizza and had the best time with our newly developed family. What more could I ask for? 


My littles are my pride and joy. In a previous post, you heard about my first little Shanna. Now it's time to give Karlee, my second little, the spotlight. We clicked right off the bat. How? Someone fell and we both about died laughing & once we saw each other laughing, we just laughed harder. We have so much in common. Everything from not being a fan of getting ready & thinking blow drying our hair is quite possibly the worst thing we could ever have to do, to our hatred of cats, lack of patience and our competitive nature. I find her absolutely hilarious and she knows how to make me laugh, always. In the last 3 weeks we have become best friends and I could not be any happier about it. I can't wait for all the good times to come and for her to be initiated this Friday. Love you Smalls.<3 





No comments:

Post a Comment